Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy 2008

It's been quite a year... and I'm ready to see what the next one brings! I started teaching again, jumped in with both feet and started with Calculus and Geometry of the accelerated type! And now I'm going to be teaching AP Calc, Accelerated Geometry and PHYSICS!!! I haven't studied physics in 20 years. I haven't even thought it about it for that long! I'm starting to work on my lessons though, so I can at least be a little ahead of the game. I think it might actually be easier to teach than AP Calculus now that I am getting started on my review.

As a first year teacher, I really did not expect to be teaching such high level classes. But I am and I'm enjoying it. I like the kids, I like the topics (I'm learning to like geometry). I am still adjusting to working full time and also to preparing lessons adn reviewing the concepts.

I am still making soap. I'm working on my organic line. I have a friend working on the labels and I have chosen the paper for packaging. My sister is talking about buying into a winery, so I might even have some wine soaps ready for her to add to the gift shop! I love making soap, so do the kids... so we will continue to do this, even on a small scale.

Happy Soaping!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

A winery? That sound awesome! Think of all the fun you will have designing labels - and what a great excuse to buy cool art =)

The Foxes Den said...

I actually have a friend that designs my labels. We are working on labels for the organic line and now I'll recruit her help for the winery. She's an old college buddy with her own ad biz. She's created some really beautiful labels.

I'm excited about the winery. Now to find time to balance soapmaking with teaching and family :)