Sunday, December 14, 2008

2008

We figured out what was causing the headaches earlier in the year, and what was causing my fatigue and disorientation.... it seems that our furnace was never installed properly and was spewing carbon monoxide gas. The inspector missed it. The kid from the heating and cooling company that came in to make sure our system was ready for fall caught it. It seems our CO detector was at the end of it's lifetime, but it never made any noise that the levels were so high. when we purchased new ones and installed it (while the kid was still here), it registered over 100 ppm! Scary stuff. My daughter brought home the lowest grades she's ever gotten... and since it was fixed, her grades have all risen.

So now that I am feeling much better, I've started up the business again! It feels good to be soaping again. We got some packaging for natural house cleaning products, some new papers for the organic line of soap and some new fragrances to play with!

So happy holidays from the Foxes Den!

4 comments:

Katya said...

Oh Steph, that is SO SO scary! I am glad it was discovered, though. How awful that so-called "pros" do such a sloppy job with installation.

It is so good to "see" you posting!

The Foxes Den said...

ack! I didn't even see this until NOW! WE are all doing better now. My daughter's grades are all back to normal. My son is doing well... and I feel so much better.

Anne-Marie said...

WOW! That is really scary. I am so happy to read that you guys caught it in time before major damage was done to your health.

The Foxes Den said...

I can't tell you the feeling I had when the gentleman doing the inspection called me down to the basement. You could even hear it in his voice... it was creepy. We are all feeling better now though.