Friday, October 3, 2008

The First 6 Weeks

At the end of the marking period... it's been interesting. I've had to review quite a bit of calculus and the students are learning... Geometry is much different now than when I went to school. It's less about the proofs and more about the concepts. They don't even have to do any indirect proofs. All they need to know is how to START an indirect proof.

I may not be teaching physics in the spring. I'm not qualified to teach community college level since I don't have a master's degree yet and I don't have enough upper division physics credits to make the college happy. Plus they tell me they might have 3o students for the class. So they might have to hire someone else to do it. Fine with me... I'll stick with math, I like it better anyway :)

Soap... what was that again? Haven't had much time... I have a few batches that need to be wrapped... but I haven't made any in months. :( I think I might have to make some this weekend...

No comments: