Monday, July 14, 2008

Emerald Isle Beach Vacation!

We are at the beach! it is so beautiful here!!!




But before I go into how fantastic the beach is here... lemme tell you what happened on the way here!!! One of our tires popped on the way here. So we had to change the tire to the 12 year old spare (small one!) and then find a place (small towns on the way to the beach???) that would fix or replace the popped tire. The tires weren't that old, I still think we ran over something, but hubby won't admit it! My BIL and SIL were following behind us with their SUV filled with their two kids (see the blond boys?), their luggage and their share of the munchies for the beach. Our van was full of all of our stuff and our kids. Every time we had to open the back of our van, bags of food would fall out because of all of the shifting while driving... and when we finally found a place to fix the tire (a goodyear store) it was lunchtime... so we pulled out a picnic box my SIL packed in their car and had lunch in the waiting area of the tire shop. so the kids decided to sit on me... just like my older nephews and son did a few years back. Apparently this is becoming a tradition :)

We finally got to the beach 2 hours later than we planned. The house is HUGE, the beach is gorgeous, and soooo relaxing. I'll post more beach pics later... but here's one for now:

2 comments:

Katya said...

How did I miss your posts? Gads, I have been so busy with sick Ben, then sick Mihelle, and now *I* don't feel well! Waahhhh!!!

BUT, your beach picture makes me feel much better! As much as the heat annoys me, that beach looks terrific!

The Foxes Den said...

I am sorry you aren't feeling well... hope you are better soon
!!! The beach was very nice... the water was the perfect temperature