Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hiking!

Below are some pictures I took around the beaches on our tour on Monday.










































We wanted to be sure to take pictures of the kids while at the beach, so they didn't feel neglected! We are such loving parents! We took several pictures of the kids around the area, here are just a couple of them! :)






























Tuesday, today, we took a hike around the area (with a guide of course!) Here are just a few of the pictures. There are a lot of interesting looking birds and plants that have adapted to the area and are now unique to Hawaii. Check out the Cardinal! The area we walked around is considered a rain forest. They get over 100 inches of rain a year. There are some areas that get something like 440 inches of water a year and others that get around 20 or so.

We have really enjoyed this trip. Next time we come we'll have the kids and more family with us. I could live here forever. This is a very beautiful state. I can't wait to see the other islands. Tomorrow we fly home. I hope you've enjoyed my pictures of Hawaii and that it makes you want to come here! It's just beautiful here!!!!!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Gasp! These pictures are amazing. It reminds me that I need a vacation too! I cracked up when I saw the pictures of the "kids in Hawaii". Too funny!