Thursday, April 17, 2008


I'm on vacation with hubby in Hawaii. I have always wanted to see this state, just never made the time. I figured it was really expensive, so it wasn't on the top of my list. But it is a beautiful state. We are on Oahu in Honolulu. The sunsets are beautiful, the pace is VERY slow. This is a business trip for Greg, but not for me :) I could live here. You have mountains and beach very close together!

Next time we come, we'll come with my kids. I think they would love it here too.

I had my very first massage yesterday. I don't know why I never had one before. It was a traditional Hawaiian massage called Lomi Lomi. What an incredible experience!

Starbucks has a special coffee flavor that they only sell here in Hawaii. It's a coconut frappuccino! yummy! But ya gotta love coconut for this one, you can definitely taste it! And it was made much better than at the Dallas airport. I couldn't get all of the coffee out of that one, the ice was not blended into it all that well.

I spend most mornings moving slowly. I get up and enjoy some coffee, read some email and the paper they leave in front of the door. I finally get out around lunch time, take a walk around the shops or the beach. I met my cousin that lives here yesterday for lunch. It was very nice. We've had dinner with them and will see them at least for Friday night and all day Saturday.

The plan is to see Pearl Harbor, the North Shore with their Shave Ice, the Dole Plantation, and a soap factory that is in an old historic sugar mill. I think we'll be taking a tour next week that shows you lots of local wild life. We're staying on this island this time. Maybe we'll island hop next time :)

I'm sitting here enjoying the heat and on the news they are talking about snow in colorado! yech!

No comments: